Sunday, June 10, 2012

What Should I Bring?


We have had more quilters inquire about the sew-in's and I am excitedly hoping that the group will be growing.
The main question I am getting is: "what should I bring with me?" Here is a list:
  1. Your sewing machine.
  2. Rotary cutter and ruler(s).
  3. Basic sewing supplies: scissors, thread, machine needles, pins, etc.
  4. Fabric and or batting donations: if you feel you can part with some stash, we will gladly put in the "community" stash for upcoming projects. Please refer to the fabric standards for the QOV - 100% cotton, quilt shop quality fabric only. No poly batting.
  5. A lunch or snack - we do sew until 1:30, and there is a small restaurant nearby should you want to order from them.
  6. Suggestions and ideas for fundraisers and quilt patterns.
Here is what the group is furnishing:
  1. Iron/ironing board.
  2. Some muslin squares for string blocks.
  3. Some stash for the string blocks.
  4. Lots of fun!

Should you want your own cutting surface, bring that. Due to the nature of this historical building, the electrical circuits will only handle a couple of irons at a time, so too many will blow the breaker, causing a temporary black out. 

I have gone through another box of "scrap" and will bring this with me, adding to the increasing variety of fabric to pick through. I think this is half the fun! I will also, bring a couple of design walls. If you know of someone that is not a sewer/quilter, bring them along. We would love to get them involved and there are plenty of ways to help.

Come and sew with us on June 16th! It is sure to be a ton-o-fun

Remember - freedom is not free
~ Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment